University of Bordeaux
Biology of Cardiovascular Diseases
Clinical and basic research demonstrates that the endothelium plays a crucial role in mediating homeostasis and is involved in virtually every disease, either as a primary determinant of pathophysiology or as a victim of collateral damage. The endothelium is involved in the maintenance of normal organs and vascular structure and function. It may be thought as an organ by itself. Following its abnormalities in function would provide a tremendous opportunity to inform about the status of the disease progression. As it is widely distributed and easily accessible, it may be regarded as critical target in the fight against some cardio-neuro-vascular diseases. Our project aims to improve endothelium knowledge, to understand how endothelium interacts with its microenvironment, to use it as a early marker of pathological conditions and to treat its dysfunction. Wnt/Frizzled, Hedgehog and JAK2 signaling pathways are specifically studied in the endothelial dysfunction, in following different pathological settings:
- Role of endothelial cells in thrombosis – example of myeloproliferative neoplasms
- Role of endothelial dysfunction in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction
- Role of endothelial dysfunction in critical hind limb ischemia
- Endothelial cells, blood-brain barrier dysfunction in cerebrovascular disease
- Retinopathy and vascular lesions
- AFP Bruxelles – 2021 09 13 – Chloé JAMES
- Fawaz S, Mansier O, Pucheu Y, Marti S, Leroy H, Gaufroy A, Broitman J, James C, Couffinhal T.
Clonal haematopoiesis and cardiovascular diseases.
Arch Cardiovasc Dis. 2021 Mar 10.
- France Info – 2021 03 17 – Chloe JAMES
- Mora P, Hollier PL, Guimbal S, Abelanet A, Diop A, Cornuault L, Couffinhal T, Horng S, Gadeau AP, Renault MA, Chapouly C. Blood-brain barrier genetic disruption leads to protective barrier formation at the Glia Limitans. PLoS Biol.2020 Nov 30;18(11):e3000946.
- Hollier PL, Chapouly C, Diop A, Guimbal S, Cornuault L, Gadeau AP, Renault MA. Full-length dhh and N-terminal shh act as competitive antagonists to regulate angiogenesis and vascular permeability. Cardiovasc Res. 2020Oct 16. Online ahead of print.
- Chapouly C, Hollier PL, Guimbal S, Cornuault L, Gadeau AP, Renault MA. Desert Hedgehog-Driven Endothelium Integrity Is Enhanced by Gas1 (Growth Arrest-Specific 1) but Negatively Regulated by Cdon (Cell Adhesion Molecule-Related/Downregulated by Oncogenes). Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2020Dec;40(12):e336-e349.
- Martin-Latry K, Latry Ph, Pucheu Y, Couffinhal T. Validation d’une échelle de mesure de l’adhésion médicamenteuse cardiovasculaire utilisable en contexte hospitalier. Ann Pharm Dec 2020
- Josefsson EC, Vainchenker W, James C. Regulation of Platelet Production and Life Span: Role of Bcl-xL and Potential Implications for Human Platelet Diseases. Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Oct 14;21(20):7591.
- Guyon J, Chapouly C, Andrique L, Bikfalvi A, Daubon T. The Normal and Brain Tumor Vasculature: Morphological and Functional Characteristics and Therapeutic Targeting. Front Physiol. 2021 Mar 5;12:622615.